I hope you are having a great day on this Blue Monday! What is Blue Monday you ask? It is the day that is considered the most depressing day of the year. Blue Monday is said to have been championed by psychologist Cliff Arnall in 2005. He came up with the depressed holiday for a marketing campaign for a travel company which has since gone out of business. Why pairing depression with your vacation plans didn't work to increase travel business is a mystery!
While Blue Monday may have been debunked, it still gives us a great reason to check out some great movie comedies!
Here is a short list of some of my favorites in no particular order:
1. The Heat (Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy)
2. It Happened One Night (Clark Gable and Claudette Colbert)
3. Old School (Will Ferrell, Luke Wilson, and Vince Vaughn)
4. Shaun of the Dead (Simon Pegg and Nick Frost)
5. The Thin Man "and all of the sequels" (Myrna Loy and William Powell)
6. Paul (Simon Pegg and Nick Frost)
7. The 40-year-old Virgin (Steve Carell, Paul Rudd, Seth Rogen, and Romany Malco)
8. A Fish Called Wanda (John Cleese, Jamie Lee Curtis, Kevin Kline, Michael Palin)
9. Arsenic and Old Lace (Cary Grant, Priscilla Lane, Raymond Massey)
10. French Kiss (Meg Ryan and Kevin Kline)
This of course doesn't come close to listing all my favorite comedies but it will give you a good sampling to help perk up your Blue Monday. I would love to hear from you if you care to share some of your favorite laugh out loud movies.